4.12.2010

Crazy Love.

Lately I have been so overwhelmed with grad school, my job, and attempting to get in shape before May 1st. While I have been able to stay on top of everything, it's been at the cost of my own sanity. I know I'm getting in over my head when I stop reading. Reading is my escape, it really is the only thing that can balance out my life. Whether I'm reading a cheesy best seller, or my Bible, I always use books as a form of therapy. No matter how bad my day was, I know I can always crawl into bed with a good book. Then there are times when I stop reading, I just don't have time. But to be honest I have to make time, otherwise I might just go insane. And a crazy Ashley is not a fun Ashley, trust me on that one.



I was so excited when my package from Amazon came today. I bought three new books, and I will tell you all about them soon, promise. The first one I am starting is Crazy Love by Francis Chan.



I seriously can't wait for summer break, I'm going to read a million books to make up for all this time I lost. Also, I really want to start participating in The Slow Readers Book Club again. I was so excited when I started, but I let life get in the way. No more of that nonsense.

First image from WeHeartIt.

2 comments:

  1. i find that reading during my lunch breaks is a nice time to read without any distractions. i'll also carry the book in my purse and if i ever have to wait anywhere (like the doctors etc) i'll read it then. i too haven't read a book in a while. i'll have to pick it up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to start "crazy love" too! I'm excited! I also recommend "the irresistible revolution" by Shane Claiborne, It's excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails