1.10.2011

Change Of Heart: Kindle Love.





For Christmas I got a bunch of fabulous presents, all of which I was really excited about. My favorite was something from my sister, but I can't tell you what it is until I get it back from her & take pictures (hopefully after her shop is up and running she'll have time- hint, hint). My second favorite gift was a Kindle from Jordan. I just have to say, I wasn't 100% sold on the idea at first- but now I'm absolutely in love for so many reasons. Here are a few:

• It's SO easy to read. I don't even have to wear my glasses to see it clearly.

• I can take it anywhere. It's super durable, so I just toss it in my purse on my way out the door.

• It's extremely lightweight, so my arms don't get tired from holding it up. What can I say- I'm a wimp.

• I love not having to fumble from page to page & my place is always held. As long as your family doesn't get a hold of it & change the page on you.

• I downloaded the Bible that's broken up so that I can read it in a year. This is one NY goal I won't break, especially because it's so much fun to read on the Kindle.

• I was able to find a Kindle book lamp that attaches to the top. I love reading before bed, but Jordan can't stand when I have the light on.

• It was a great price. Well, actually it was a gift so it was free for me. But if you are looking into buying one, $139 is such a deal. And you'll save money in the end, because if you're like me you buy books all the time- and they are much cheaper this way.

Now, I am still a huge fan of real books. I love collecting books & having bookcases full. But for now, I'm going to focus on children's books (which I am obsessed with) & making that collection larger. I'm sure if I read a book on my Kindle that I absolutely love, I'll buy a hard copy.

{Image}

4 comments:

  1. Ooohh, I got a Nook for Christmas and I'm loving it for just about all the same reasons! I have too many books than I know what to do with, or have space for (I literally have books in my trunk, lol!). I'm hoping to get rid of a ton of 'em, and only save hardbacks or books that are extra special :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I neeeeeeeeeeeed one! I can't wait til I pay stuff off so I can grab one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh I totally can't wait to get myself a kindle! One of my best friends has been flaunting his around my face ever since he got it, lol -- and it looks awesome! :)
    xoxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought I wanted a Kindle, until recently. I've been reading so many great posts about them, and definitely think I will have to get one this year!

    So glad that you like yours!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails