3.12.2010

Received Damaged.

I got my film back. First thing the man behind the counter tells me is that it was "received damaged". And of course the envelope had a huge red stamp on the front. Well, what he didn't know was that his idea of "damaged" is my idea of amazing. Okay, maybe not amazing. But I'm happy. This is the first roll of film I've ever used. I took two years of high school photography, but by that time the school was already using digital cameras. So I never learned the basics. I had no idea how to even put the stinkin' film in.

Now, I know these aren't perfect. But for my first roll, I'm pretty impressed with myself. My favorite is the one with my mom. Well that one and the one with the rooster & Jordan, that rooster really didn't want me to take a picture of him. Really really didn't want me to.

















10 comments:

  1. Not amazing?? These are so great! You somehow got the view finder so perfectly aligned and the double exposure looks beautiful!! So happy with it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah srsly, what Diana said. I love these so much! I can't even imagine what they will look like when you *do it right* next time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome...I love the one of mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are really cool ashley! they turned out great. the one of your mom is the best one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovelovelove it. i love the effects. the best part of playing with holga cameras is seeing what will come out. its one medium sized format experiment!! they are toy cameras and are definitely fun to play with! you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they turned out lovely. The double exposures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! I just got a holga and I am even more excited after seeing thesem ... very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. to copy everybody else...perfect. can't wait to see the next batch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. seriously?! These are amazing! They look like works of art! What was he thinking?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails