8.17.2010

Four Simple Goals.



While I'm still working on my 2010 list. I really liked the idea of having four simple goals to accomplish in 2010, that aren't result oriented and are simple ways to focus on what it is that makes me smile. Elsie's 4 Simple Goals post inspired me to write my own, but then again I'm always looking for a good excuse to write a to-do list.

1. Read

Read more of everything. Read my Bible more often, read the stack of novels sitting next to my bed, reread old Real Simple and Natural Health magazines, read more blogs, maybe even read my texts books once they arrive for the upcoming semester, who knows?

2. Move

Exercise Move more often. Not as in go to the gym and run on a treadmill for hours, but as in moving for fun not for calorie deduction. This includes bike riding, roller skating, walking, yoga, hiking, swimming, and the list goes on.

3. Cook

Oh, Jordan is going to love it if I actually accomplish this goal. Have I ever told you how pathetic I am in the kitchen? True story.

4. Write

I love writing, but I don't do it enough. Maybe because I'm not very confident in my ability, or maybe because I feel like what I have to say isn't worthy of putting on paper? Regardless, it's something I enjoy so I'm going to start doing it more. Whether that means more blogging or more journalling... I'm going to get my words out of my head on on the paper or screen.

I feel like this is my own little version of Eat, Pray, Love. Without the traveling and life changing experiences, that is.

P.S. I added one more this week. I want to learn how to use my camera. I already took it off the automatic setting, but I want to figure out the rest of the little buttons and switches. I'm hoping to take a class through The Learning Exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails